Have you ever been to a meeting where it was obvious there was no preparation and it didn’t “flow” ? (how do you spell boring)
This class will discuss Preparing for and Running a Meeting which hopefully will prevent that awkward situation. This is not just for the Master, it is for all who will participate, especially the Wardens who might occupy the Chair in the future.
The Master’s Class is designed for those who will, or might, work their way to the East but also contains important information for any MM. All are welcome to join the circle for an open and free discussion. This is not a class room setting with a lecture. It promises to keep you awake !
If you are to be installed into the East or just want to be part of a good meeting, don’t miss this open discussion.
• What is the interaction between the Master and Secretary. When Why
• No Roberts Rules in Masonry. Who then leads the meeting Only him ?
• No glue on the Oriental Chair
• Do committees report every month
• If you don’t have a regular kitchen staff, how do you handle that
• What’s the difference between “Converse and Pronounce” Why is that important if the Master is always in charge and always right Or is he
• Should there be a printed agenda. Is it given out to the Brethren
• If you have a special meeting, is it necessary to notify all members
• How do you get the word out
• What is the seating arrangements in the East
• How do the Brethren ask questions on the subject at hand
• What needs to be voted on. What is just approved by the Master.
And the questions go on. The program is set in a round table format with comments from all.
Join us for Class,Coffee, & Doughnuts beginning at 9:00 a.m. and going to 11:00 a.m.